Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friday: First day of Italian

At the canal
Friday was our first day of intensive Italian. I got placed in 200, which is what I expected because I have had a year of Italian already. The class is conducted entirely in Italian and we are expected to speak only Italian, even during our breaks with our friends, which is to be expected. Our teacher is very fun and high energy. The class is fast paced, but I feel like I can keep up and I understand pretty much everything. However, when I am talking to the people in Collegio, I hardly understand anything. They speak so fast and it is really hard to keep up, but I think it will get better as I get more practice. And most of the people there speak English relatively well so if I get confused with the conversation, they can cue me in.

That evening, a bunch of us went out walking around the canal where the night life is big. There are a whole bunch of restaurants, bars, and clubs nearby. We were able to meet and talk to a lot of Italian people around the city, which was fun. I honestly do not understand how all these women walk around so far in their heels. I was in flip flops and my feet were dead by the end of the night. Later on that evening we met up with some of the guys from our program and we all decided to go on a trip the next day to Lago Como.

No comments:

Post a Comment