Sunday, September 12, 2010

Friday - Sunday: The Weekend

I couldn't think of a more creative title. Forgive me. I had planned on maybe going to Venice this weekend, but things didn't work out so I stayed at the Collegio instead. On Friday after class, I had a lot of interesting "Italian Interactions" because I wandered around in search of an agenda book. I cannot live without an agenda book so I do not know how I have survived these past two weeks without one. So I go to the copy place near my study abroad center to buy some notebooks. I asked the cashier if he had any agenda books books and he didn't, but he drew me out some directions to a place where they they might have them. So I attempted to follow his directions, but as I do, I got lost and was just wandering around going into promising stores desperately trying to find an agenda book. One of the stores I went into, I asked the man and he looked at me like a crazy person like, "why in the heck would you want to buy an agenda book this time a year?" was the basic gist I got. So I ended up giving up and just settling on a little pink notebook to record my commitments in. But, I was not defeated because I got to talk with a lot of people in Italian! Hooray!

On Friday and Saturday evenings, I went out with some people from Collegio. And one night, I tried to wear one of my new blouses I bought and concluded that it looked like I was wearing an extra-large T-shirt over leggings. I looked ridiculous. Fail. I concluded that this Italian style does not work for me at all. Alas.

Today (Sunday), I am just finishing up my homework and hanging around. I was able to practice an hour for piano and an hour for voice in preparation for my lesson tomorrow. So I feel pretty well prepared. I am excited to work with this new teacher! I have also been talking to my friends, Jenny and Amanda, who are studying abroad in Avignon. We are trying to make plans to visit each other! I am so excited to see them! Also, some of my other friends who are studying in Vienna are visiting Italy this week, so hopefully we will be able to see each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment